Comic Book News from Around the Web
What's happening on the Gravyboard?
Comic Book Movie
- Kara & Mon-El Get Trapped Under A Red Sun In A New Clip From SUPERGIRL Season 2 Episode 9: "Supergirl Lives" - To help you recover from your post-Championship Sunday blues, on Monday, Supergirl is back with her first installment of the new year! The episode, which is directed by Kevin Smith (Clerks), will see Kara & Mon-El travel to a distant planet where they'll find themselves at the mercy of Roulette and to make matters worse, they'll be powerless underneath the power of a red sun.
The CW has released a new clip from the episode featuring the Girl of Steel and Mon-El getting left behind on Slaver's Moon and quickly coming to terms with their new predicament. Check out the clip below:
“Supergirl Lives” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)
KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; ROULETTE RETURNS — Kara (Melissa Benoist) is moved by the story of a missing woman named Izzy (guest star Harley Quinn Smith) and decides to investigate despite Snapper Carr’s (guest star Ian Gomez) order to leave it alone. Kara takes Mon-El (Chris Wood) with her to the last place Izzy was
- New Extended Promo & Stills For THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Season 8, Episode 10: "Nostalgia's A Bitch" - The clock is ticking down on The Vampire Diaries as only seven more episodes remain until we bid farewell to Mystic Falls forever.
After revisiting the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant, next week, the gang continues their trip down memory lane when Bonnie & Caroline enter Damon's mind to save him from Sybil's ever-lasting torture and reencounter a number of familiar faces from their past. As the pair struggle to revive Damon, they slowly come to the realization that Stefan may hold the key to unlocking his brother's fate. Elsewhere, Sybil and Seline continue their all-out war for control of the all-powerful bell.
Check out the new promo for episode ten, titled "Nostalgia's a Bitch", below:
"Nostalgia's A Bitch" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
THE RINGING OF THE BELL - Sybil (guest star Nathalie Kelley) enacts revenge on Damon (Ian Somerhalder) by putting him in a catatonic state. Caroline (Candice King) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) enter Damon's mind and run into familiar faces from the
- Is This A Possible LEAKED First Look At Superman's Black Suit In JUSTICE LEAGUE? - It was last year that Henry Cavill first teased the possibility of the Man of Steel donning his comic book counterpart's black costume in Justice League, but has an image of him in that suit now surfaced?
We all know how easily faked images like these are, so it's best not to take what you see below too seriously for the time being. However, it's certainly possible that it could have leaked from somewhere, but you'd probably expect the hero's hair to be longer if this is legit. Still, given Zack Snyder's love of the comic books, Superman wearing this costume for at least some of Justice League does make sense.
Fans have theorised that the costume not being exposed to sunlight could have changed its colour, but the iconic hero was buried as Clark Kent, not Kal-El, so that may very well take some explaining here.
Do you guys think this Justice League image is real? Let us know your thoughts in the
- New Promo & Stills For SLEEPY HOLLOW Season 4 Episode 4: "The People v. Ichabod Crane" - Next week, Ichabod Crane relives one of his most harrowing memories when a new monster with some insidious abilities strikes D.C. and it's up to Jenny and the rest of the team to find a way to save him. Elsewhere, Jenny also makes an unexpected friend that could hold the key to saving humanity as we know it.
Check out the promo for next week's episode, titled "The People v. Ichabod Crane," below:
DESPAIR COMES FOR CRANE ON THE ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, ON FOX When a monster fashioned to make its victims live out their most personal and haunting memories hits D.C., the team must find its weakness to save one of their own. Meanwhile, Jenny forms an unlikely bond that could be important in saving the world. Can the group prevail against one of the most insidious monsters yet? Find out in the all-new "The People v. Ichabod Crane" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Friday, Jan. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM
- James Cameron To Reboot TERMINATOR Franchise; DEADPOOL Helmer Tim Miller Will Direct - The rights to the Terminator franchise were always going to return to James Cameron in 2019, hence why Paramount were looking to rush out a new trilogy beginning with 2015's Terminator Genisys. Now, with the clock ticking, Deadline reports that the Avatar director is looking to take a new crack at the property with Deadpool helmer and VFX expert Tim Miller reportedly set to direct the new movie.
Skydance's David Ellison is paying for what the trade calls "an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively" and they have a breakdown of how things work with the rights which are well worth taking a look at by clicking below.
There's no word on whether this movie would be a total reboot or somehow continue the story started back in 1984, but bringing back Arnold Schwarzenegger and delving into some of the original characters didn't work out at all well for Terminator Genisys. Cameron bizarrely had
- New Stills, Cast Portraits, & Three Sneak Peek Clips From The POWERLESS Season Premiere: "Wayne Or Lose" - After receiving rave reviews at San Diego Comic-Con last summer, it's finally time for fans to get a taste of DC's first comedy series - Powerless!
The series stars Vanessa Hudgens (Grease: Live) as Emily Locke, an employee at Wayne Security, who will arrive at the company with high hopes of bettering the lives of the people that live in this crazy superpowered world. However, things, as they often do, don't exactly go according to plan when she meets her new boss, played by Alan Tudyk (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), and her quirky co-workers, played by Danny Pudi (Community), Christina Kirk (A to Z), and Ron Funches (Undateable).
Earlier today, NBC released three sneak peek clips from the season premiere, titled "Wayne or Lose," and fifteen promotional stills. Check out the clips below and keep scrolling for a huge batch of photos:
"WAYNE OR LOSE" - 02/02/2017 (08:30PM - 09:00PM) (Thursday)
SERIES PREMIERE - EMILY LOCKE'S FIRST DAY DOESN'T EXACTLY GO AS PLANNED -
- Is X-MEN Star James Marsden Also Being Eyed For Hal Jordan Role In GREEN LANTERN CORPS? -
It was earlier today that a possible shortlist of actors to play Hal Jordan in Green Lantern Corps, but We Got This Covered claims to have now learned of an additional name to be under consideration.
Well, after reaching out to a source about this possible casting news, they've been told that "Ever since Westworld Marsden has been pretty hot around here. They’ve discussed him for Hal as well." That makes sense seeing as the actor has made something of a comeback thanks to the HBO series, though it definitely sounds like Warner Bros. is seemingly just throwing around random names at this stage.
For that reason, it's best to also take this with a pinch of salt for the time being, though Marsden would certainly be a decent enough fit for a character like Hal. He has superhero experience after playing Cyclops in the X-Men movies and even showed up in the DC Universe as Lois Lane's boyfriend in Superman Returns. The actor
- COMICS: Misty Knight Gets A New Look For BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW Spinoff Series - Following the launch of Black Panther and Black Panther: World of Wakanda, Marvel has announced the launch of Black Panther and the Crew. A new take on a 2003 series written by Christopher Priest with art by Joe Bennett, this one spins out of the events of a two-part story in Black Panther #7 and #8 and it it will be written by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Yona Harvey with art by Butch Guice. Assembling Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, and Manifold, the action is going to be set in Harlem, NYC.
As you can see, Misty has been given a new look which dials down some of the more cartoonish aspects we've seen in the past, with her huge hair and cleavage done away with. Instead, she looks a lot closer to her Netflix counterpart and is now the spitting image of Luke Cage star Simone Missick.
The story kicks off by following what happens after an activist is killed in police custody, and
- A WITCHBLADE Reboot Is In The Works At NBC From Carol Mendelsohn And Caroline Dries -
The Hollywood Reporter reveals that NBC is moving forward with a small screen adaptation of Marc Silvestri's Witchblade. The network has paired up with Carol Mendelsohn (CSI) and Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) to bring the Top Cow comic book to the small screen, and the latter is penning the script and will executive produce alongside her fellow The Vampire Diaries scribe Brian Young.
According to the trade, Witchblade will, "focus on homicide detective Sara Pezzini, on the hunt for an elusive serial killer, who must navigate the grisly streets and police politics of San Francisco’s Mission District — until one day the bracelet she has worn her entire life gives her supernatural insight into a crime she’s trying to solve. Her bracelet is the Witchblade, an amulet that has been worn by remarkable women throughout history, and Sara is next in line." So, pretty close to the comic books!
Top Cow founder/owner Silvestri and Matt Hawkins will also executive produce, and it's thought that
- Episode Descriptions For ARROW, THE FLASH, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, And More Revealed - Official descriptions for DC TV episodes airing the week beginning February 6th have been released, and it sounds like a fun week for fans of these superhero adaptations. There's nothing groundbreaking here as most of the episodes sound like filler in the grand scheme of things, though it'll be pretty fun to see Clive Yorkin on the small screen, especially given his ties to Iris West's death in the comic books.
He was initially blamed for her murder before the Reverse-Flash was revealed as the true culprit, so perhaps Savitar will end up playing a role here instead. White Martians attacking in Supergirl should be fun, though it doesn't sound as if either Arrow or Legends of Tomorrow will move their respective overarching stories on too much. Which of these DC TV shows are you guys most excited to watch?
Arrow - "Bratva"
OLVIER RETURNS TO RUSSIA — A mission takes Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and team to Russia where they
- President Donald Trump Seemingly Plagiarized THE DARK KNIGHT RISES' Bane In His Inaugural Speech -
Back in 2012, Donald Trump called The Dark Knight Rises "really terrific." He particularly loved the cinematography, but was he also a big fan of Bane? Played by Tom Hardy, one of the villain's most memorable moments came when he delivered a terrifying speech to the oppressed people of Gotham City, and if the video below is any indication, Trump may well have been inspired by Batman's nemesis.
Also below is a comparison of part of the new President's inaugural address compared to the one delivered by Bane, and they definitely share some pretty major similarities, don't you guys think?
Donald Trump: "Today’s ceremony, however has very special meaning. Because today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another. But we are transferring power from Washington D.C. and giving it back to you... the people. For too long a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have
- Ryan Reynolds, Tom Cruise, And Bradley Cooper Among Those Eyed For Hal Jordan In GREEN LANTERN CORPS -
After returning to the A-List thanks to Deadpool, could Ryan Reynolds return to the role of Hal Jordan in 2020's Green Lantern Corps? According to The Wrap, he's one of six actors being considered and Warner Bros. is said to be considering bringing him back. However, the site points out that he's not in talks as of yet and neither are any of the other stars said to currently be on the studio's shortlist.
Other names being considered include Tom Cruise (The Mummy), Joel McHale (Community), Bradley Cooper (Guardians of the Galaxy), Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger), and Jake Gyllenhaal (Southpaw). Casting is in the early stages, but with David Goyer and Justin Rhodes writing the screenplay, it makes sense that the studio is considering some actors for the role. Still, take this with a pinch of salt for now!
This isn't the most reliable source, and this reads more like a fan's wishlist than a legitimate list of names who are in serious
- Charlie Hunnam Wields Excalibur In Four Cool New Stills From KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD - After numerous delays, this May, we'll finally get to bear witness to Guy Ritchie's fresh take on the King Arthur legend with King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, which stars Charlie Hunnam (The Lost City of Z) in the lead role and Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as his lady love Guinevere.
Entertainment Weekly recently caught up with the director where they discussed a number of things about the upcoming film, but one of the most interesting topics came near the end when Ritchie was asked about the long-rumored possibility of a cinematic universe for the Knights of the Round Table. He remained relatively coy on the matter but did seem to suggest with his response, that if this one was a success, then more King Arthur-related films could still be heading our way in the not-so-distant future. "As much as anything, I enjoy the process of filmmaking. Going back to Sherlock was very fun. Going back into this
- Get A Much Better Look At Zordon & More In These New Hi-Res Stills From POWER RANGERS - Lionsgate surprised us all yesterday with the long-awaited release of the official theatrical trailer for Power Rangers, and to follow up the morphenomenal debut, they also released a batch of new photos featuring a very detailed and high-resolution look at Zordon, Rita Repulsa, Alpha 5, and of course, our five super-powered teenagers with attitudes, with and without their high-powered suits.
Check out the new photos below:
Saban's Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
Power Rangers features:
Director: Dean Israelite
Dacre Montgomery as Jason Lee Scott, the Red Ranger
Naomi Scott as Kimberly Hart, the
- Karen Gillan Teases A Significant Role For Nebula In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Karen Gillan recently confirmed that Nebula will return in Avengers: Infinity War, but first up for her is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. There, Nebula looks set to become a member of the team she fought in the first movie, though whether or not she'll stay loyal to Star-Lord and company remains to be seen!
Asked in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter about how the sequel differs to the first instalment, the Scottish actress weighed in on the themes and where exactly we pick up with Nebula.
"I’m so excited for people to see it! I just feel like it’s all of the best elements of the first one, just amplified. It’s even better – it’s funnier, the music’s even better … the second album is a blinder. It’s great. And in the first one everyone was being established. Now that that’s out of the way, you really get to delve into all of their dilemmas and things like that.
- These Pics Might Give Us An Indication Of Which Character Peter Dinklage Will Play In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Though a recent rumor (well, a 4Chan theory more accurately) suggested Peter Dinklage might have signed on to play Eitri the Dwarf-King in Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War, it looks like our first guess might well have been accurate.
Some photos of the Game of Thrones star in a salon on the Lower East Side of Manhattan have found their way online (via MCU Exchange), and as you can see, the actor is in the process of getting his hair dyed a very distinctive, fiery shade of red. Though this is far from solid evidence, it does point to Dinklage playing Pip the troll, who sports a very similarly-colored 'do in the comics and plays a significant role in Jim Starlin's Infinity Saga.
The pics are copyrighted, but you can check 'em out HERE.
What do you guys think? Is Dinklage playing Pip? Or did he just fancy a new look? Avengers: Infinity War is set to begin filming next week, and will be in theaters
- VIDEO: LOGAN Trailer - Ten Things You Might Have Missed -
Check out all the Easter Eggs, References, Things Missed, as well as a closer look at the lastest X-Men standalone picture and Wolverine sequel, Logan. And be sure to subscribe to Mr Sunday's YouTube channel, youtube.com/mrsundaymovies. If you want. No pressure.
- More Stills From Next Month's Return Of THE WALKING DEAD Tease A New Group Of Survivors - AMC (via EW) has debuted some new stills from the midseason premiere of The Walking Dead, featuring the likes of Rick, Michonne, Daryl, and several other familiar faces. While they don't appear to be particularly revealing, there are a few things worth noting.
For one, the fact that Rick is walking with Negan's right-and man, Simon, suggests that the group will be playing nice for a while before rushing into anything, which is probably a very good idea.
Also, the woman with her back to us in the final pic is going to be a major character according to showrunner Scott Gimple, and the group she leads will play a significant part in the inevitable "All-Out War". Is this Alpha? Not likely - unless they're taking some big liberties with how The Whisperers are introduced.
Rick’s group will find out yet again that the world isn’t what they thought it was. It’s much bigger than anything they’ve seen so far. While they have a
- Quake Prepares To Sign The Accords In This Sneak Peek From Next Week's Episode Of AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - On the last episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. we discovered that Director Mace wasn't actually an Inhuman at all, and had been "juicing" himself up with doses of super-serum to give him his enhanced strength.
As a result, Coulson is once again calling the shots, and he has a plan to get some intel on Senator Nadeer while she's focused on Daisy's signing of the Sokovia Accords - much to the chagrin of General Talbot.
Check out the first clip from "Wake Up" below:
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - “Wake Up" -
May races to find the truth about what happened to her, while Aida's next move could mean the death of them all, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, JANUARY 24 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/Jennifer Clasen)CLARK GREGG
- Ubisoft Has Found An Oscar-Winning Writer To Helm TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION Movie - After a rather cold reception for the Assassin's Creed movie, Ubisoft Motion Pictures is attempting to warm things up a bit, by sending us on a trip to frozen, post-apocalyptic New York. We already knew that Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler, Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time) and Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty, Miss Sloane) were attached to the project as stars and producers, and now we finally know who's going to sit in the director's chair : Stephen Gaghan.
Gaghan won an Oscar® for Traffic (best adapted screenplay) and received a nomination for Syriana. It won't be his first contact with the world of video-games either, as he wrote the script for Call Of Duty: Ghost. "We are really excited to bring Stephen's unique vision of the game to film audiences around the globe," the CEO of Ubisoft's movie division said in a statement.
The Division's director will also work on his own screenplay; “I’m excited to work with Ubisoft Motion Pictures and collaborate with their
About Comic Books
- Top Comic Book Sidekicks -
Each comic book has its superstar, the main character, the top dog that stands tall over the rest of the characters as its primary focus. These characters like Captain America, Batman, and Green Arrow are the main thing that drives the storylines along. These heroes are the ones in the spotlight and take on the heavy lifting, but they are often not alone. The sidekick was created to accompany these heroes and provide an added layer of complexity to their already full lives. Check out more in this list of Top Comic Book Sidekicks.
Image Copyright Marvel
Top Comic Book Sidekicks originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, May 31st, 2013 at 18:23:30.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Action Lab Comics and Reviews -
It is always interesting to see the kinds of comic books that come out from the smaller publishers. While I would say the top and more memorable characters are still in The Big Two, it is these small press companies that I think are coming out with the better stories as a whole. I am very enamored with the creator owned concept and love to see that singular voice coming through a project.
Action Lab Comics is that kind of small comic book publisher. They hit it big with their highly acclaimed series Princeless and have many other comic books in their stable. One such recent acquisition is Skyward, by Jeremy Dale. I got a chance to review the first in the series as they are relaunching the once self-published comic book. Take a look at my review and see what memories it drug up for this long time fantasy fan.
I also got a chance to review the Adventure Time Annual #1. It was a pretty cool read with some interesting takes on the Adventure Time universe.
Action Lab Comics and Reviews originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, May 31st, 2013 at 18:21:19.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Hound Comics -
Whenever I get the chance to attend a comic book convention, I'm always on the lookout for talent and things that are new to the comic book industry. New publishers, creators, companies, you name it, I love seeing new stuff. When I went to Wizard World: Portland, I ran into a group of guys from Hound Comics, a young comic book publisher that had a lot of different products and some interesting characters to boot. I spoke with CEO and ex professional wrestler Brimstone for a bit and took home some items from their booth.
Hound Comics is the sort of place a lot of independent publishers should take note of as they embody the spirit of the entrepreneur like none I've seen recently. Not only do they have a line of comics based off of his wrestling persona, but also a other creator owned comic books, a food line, apparel, and a slate of other products. I got the chance to interview Hound Comics and got some insight into the mind behind the publishing company and was excited to peek behind the veil and see how things tick at Hound Comics. Check out the interview with Brimstone, CEO of Hound Entertainment Group.
Image Copyright Hound Comics
Hound Comics originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 19:39:38.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- New Image Titles -
It would seem a lot of creators are turning to Image Comics to get their visions out into the hands of comic book fans. I have seen a bevy of high profile creator owned series coming out of Image and it is really great to see. Joe's Comics has restarted and their first comic book out is Ten Grand, written by Straczynski himself and illustrated by Ben Templesmith. The duo really hit the mark for me and I thoroughly enjoyed what looks to be the first in a good slate of comic books coming out of this new Image imprint. Another comic I got a chance to sink my teeth into was Chin Music by Steve Niles and Tony Harris. It was very interesting to see two comic books combining the whole occult/crime thing and the two took very divergent paths. I enjoyed them both and look forward to the comic books Image will be putting out.
Image Copyright Image Comics
New Image Titles originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 19:05:46.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Kickstart Your Comic Book Creation -
Did you know that the website Kickstarter.com is the second largest graphic novel publisher in the U.S. according to Publishers Weekly? It beats out DC in terms of revenue off of these graphic novels and is only just behind Marvel. The term "publisher" is a bit loose here in that the company isn't directly responsible for the final product, but the proof that so many comics are created now through Kickstarter is astounding and awesome!
I've been able to talk to a couple of creators about the Kickstarting process in The Only Living Boy and Rumpus on the Run and the whole concept is exhilarating to think about the avenues that are open for creators to make comic books nowadays. Apparently the process isn't that new as according to Kickstarter, even the likes of Beethoven used a form of crowdsourcing to fund his works. Check out if Kickstarter is right for you and how you can take advantage of this great new concept.
Kickstart Your Comic Book Creation originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, March 31st, 2013 at 20:03:32.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Jess Smart Smiley Kickstarter Interview - Rumpus On The Run -
Kickstarter is such an interesting new avenue for creators. With the right idea, pitch, and networking you can fund just about anything. Order Of The Stick funded a republishing drive and raised over 1.5 million dollars. Penny Arcade raised funds to remove advertising from their website and received over 500 thousand dollars. Now most campaigns are much smaller and won't bring in this kind of money, but for a small press comic book, not a lot can be needed. I got a chance to sit with a creator that has been on the Kickstarting ride with his latest endeavor Rumpus On The Run and right now his project is funded for the softcover version of the book, but Jess Smart Smiley also has dreams to bring his book to hardcover status. There is just a few days to go so be sure to head over this his Kickstarter Campaign first, then over the interview I did with Smiley about the process, his latest work, and kicsktarting comics.
Image Copyright Jess Smart Smiley
Jess Smart Smiley Kickstarter Interview - Rumpus On The Run originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, March 24th, 2013 at 23:40:16.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Wizard World Portland Comic Con In Review -
I was really glad I got the chance to go to the Wizard World Portland Comic Con. It was the first time the con was conducted in Stumptown, my hometown of Portland, Oregon. That's Or-e-gun all smoothed together in one go and not Or-ee-gone as out of towners like to say. Although there were some things I found concerning, overall it was a smashing success that this town truly embraced. Take a look at a review of Wizard World Portland to see what was great and what could use some work on for next year. If you are interested in going next year, and I would recommend it, Wizard is doing a special promotion that will work until Monday Feb 25th at Noon. Use the code Portland2013 to get a special discount on next year's entrance to Wizard World Portland Comic Con.
Image Copyright Aaron Albert
Wizard World Portland Comic Con In Review originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, February 24th, 2013 at 23:26:10.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- First Day Of Wizard World Portland Comic Con -
The Wizard World Portland Comic Con was in full effect today in Portland, Oregon and the convention floor was hopping with fans, creators, and celebrities. It is odd that this hasn't happened sooner as Portland is actually one of the largest comics town in the USA. Many creators such as Bendis and Busiek make their home in this area and there are many publishers like Dark Horse, Top Shelf, and Oni here as well. Don't forget that the statue company Bowen Designs resides were to!. This is a great place for comic books and has a great indy convention in the Stumptown Comics Fest, but Wizard World is going for a large scale feel and I think they have a good start. It was interesting that there was a lack of publishers showcasing here and it might be that the Emerald City Comic Con is next weekend in Seattle, WA. Either way I had a good time and met some new people. More to come.
Image Copyright Aaron Albert
First Day Of Wizard World Portland Comic Con originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 at 01:02:09.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Heading to Wizard World Portland -
Well it looks like I will be able to attend Wizard World Portland this year and will be heading down for a couple of days of fun at the Oregon Convention Center. I am curious to see what happens as there is something of a duel happening in Portland between Wizard World and Rose City Comic-Con. Wizard World has had something of a bad rap at times and Rose City is partnering with Emerald City Comic Con to partner in running their convention. I hope to see how they handle Portland and if the convention can be the kind of convention this city could use. I will report back with my findings and see just what it has in store.
Image Copyright Wizard World
Heading to Wizard World Portland originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 00:41:14.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Superheroes For Hospice Interview -
Comic book charities are a very cool thing in my mind as they merge something that we love with a good cause. There are many great comic book charities out there right now and one of them is Superheroes for Hospice. This event is a mini-convention where fans can come and get comic books on the cheap. All the profits go to the hospice and help those in need in the New Jersey area. This gives comic collectors another way to get rid of unwanted comic books as the donations they use to stock the event are tax deductible. I got a chance to interview the man behind the curtains, Spiro Ballas, who gave me the skinny on what the hospice does and how you can help others through comic books.
Superheroes For Hospice Interview originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 00:05:11.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
Comic Book Conventions.com
Comic Book News from
- Amp - Take one arrogant 19 year old, give him as many superpowers as the military can afford and stand back. Responsibility? Out of the window. Heroics? No, sir. Amp just wants to be loved, well adored really, perhaps even worshipped if he can just get his own chat show!
However, the military has other ideas.
- Bonds of Blood (Volume 1) - The first seven issues of Bonds of Blood all together in one nifty trade paperback!
- Justice - After witnessing his wife's rapist avoid a prison sentence, Alan vows to bring the rapist to justice. In a world where superheroes dictate right and wrong, Alan dons a mask and cape to track the villain down.
However, he soon learns that there's a lot more to being a superhero than an extravagant costume and a butch name...
- Kincaid #1 - Kincaid #1 introduces us to the story of Elvis Kincaid, a heroin addicted punk rock musician, who finds himself thrown into a world of global conspiracy, political intrigue and super powered individuals. Far from normal super hero fare, Kincaid is a gritty title showing the darker side of life.
As much as it focuses on the underbelly of the world, Kincaid is also a tale of one man's self-becoming and personal empowerment, creating a rich and original comic book experience.
- Legend of The Winged Tiger - Full color version of Phil Yeh's bestselling Winged Tiger #1 comic.
This new version features Lieve Jerger's brilliant coloring and a brand new cover.
- Tugger / Burnt Out Comix Flipbook - Murphy Beach Studio presents a 2-fer flipbook with 2 stories, 2 covers & only 1 price!
Cousin Joey is back and featured in the silly, surreal, underground of Tugger Comix and Burnt Out Comix where the world is a pressure cooker but there are ways to getting out of it. Weird. Funny. Silly.
- Apocrypha #1, Anarchy's Birth - They wanted to break her, they wanted to to turn her into a tool of their religious tyranny, they failed.
Violence shall begat violence.
Mature readers (18+) only.
- Cigarette Stories#2: Addicted to the Drama - Our story continues: What happened to Germ. Why can't Jerry remember anything? Who are "the guests" and why do they need an armed reception? Jeri and her friends make an appearance, too.
- Cosmic Samaritan #1, The - In the first of a four part story arc, enter Joshua Price. A conflicted teenager who struggles between his faith and the worldly temptations he must face. Soon, Joshua is chosen to wield supernatural power. A power he cannot yet fully comprehend. Will Joshua use his new abilities for the good of mankind or continue to lead his own path towards darkness?
Get ready for amazing superhero action and adventure as the premiere issue of THE COSMIC SAMARITAN takes flight!
- Entombed Issue #0 - Kyle Burden, dedicated Egyptologist and brilliant inventor, is betrayed by a trusted mentor and sealed in an Egyptian sarcophagus for an entire year!
After returning to the outside world, Kyle is overwhelmed by waves of crippling agoraphobia. Climbing into his greatest invention, Professor Burden himself becomes his most diabolical and twisted creation.