Comic Book News from Around the Web
What's happening on the Gravyboard?
Comic Book Movie
- Great New Look At The Joker, Enchantress, And More In Latest SUICIDE SQUAD Images - With just a week to go until the release of David Ayer's Suicide Squad, you might think that there's really not all that much more we could see from the movie at this stage. Well, the latest issue of Empire Magazine features some cool new images from the highly anticipated release, and while they don't shed any further light on the story, they do provide a close up look at several key characters.
The Joker is arguably once again the highlight, though those shots of Enchantress and the mysterious creatures which take over Midway City are definitely pretty intriguing. What do you guys think?
It feels good to be bad…Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to
- New SUPERGIRL Season 2 Image Gives Us Our First Official Look At Tyler Hoechlin As SUPERMAN - Thanks to TV Insider we have our first look at The CW's new take on The Man of Steel. The promotional image for the second season of Supergirl features Kara (Melissa Benoist) standing proudly alongside her slightly more famous cousin, who will be played by Teen Wolf actor Tyler Hoechlin.
How exactly Superman will factor into season 2's main story remains to be seen, but all will be revealed when Supergirl returns on Monday, October 10, 8/7c on The CW.
- First Official Look At Jamie Chung As Valerie Vale In New GOTHAM Season 3 Promo Vids - Following character promos for Gordon, Bullock, Alfred and Penguin, we have another couple of "Production has Begun" teasers for the upcoming third season of Gotham.
We first glimpsed Jamie Chung's Valerie Vale in some set snaps a while back, but here we get our first official look at Vicki's aunt. Plus, from the looks of things, young Selina is going to be running into a much scarier-than-usual Fish Mooney at some point.
Gotham returns for its third season September 19 on Fox. You can check out the SDCC trailer right HERE.
- How Did Jai Courtney Prepare For SUICIDE SQUAD? By Taking Shrooms And Self Harming, Obviously -
We already know that Jai Courtney got super jacked for his role as Captain Boomerang in Suicide Squad, but it turns out that his preparation for the movie involved more than hitting the gym every day! The latest issue of Empire Magazine (via Batman-News) sees the actor reveal that he took things to a very strange place during a Skype chat with director David Ayer as he went full on Boomer.
"That night I happened to eat some mushrooms, and I did self-inflict some burns," he explained before recounting a bizarre meeting with Ayer a little later on in the production. "I turned up to discuss my look, expecting we’d have a long discussion and slowly he refine it. David [Ayer] just walked right in, picked up some clippers and started shearing chunks of hair off my head, Eventually he said, ‘You look like bad news.’ Then he left." Oh, and the director didn't treat Courtney's co-stars much better.
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was made
- Fede Alvarez Was In Early Talks To Helm A MARVEL Movie - While promoting his upcoming horror release, Don't Breathe, Fede Alvarez has revealed that he was in very early talks to direct a Marvel Studios film. While speaking to ScreenRant, Alvarez cited the fact that many of the film's stylistic choices and tone have already been figured out by the Marvel brain-trust, something he found unappealing.
"No. Look. A lot of those movies are cool and audiences are going and watching them. It’s just as a director it’s harder to have your vision in those, if you go and do a Marvel movie… At some point we were in conversations and… they already figured it out. They’ve figured out the style. They’ve figured out the way they shoot them. They’ve figured out the colors, the humor. What would I do? I enjoy a lot more freedom than that. I don’t know. Eventually I might. And it depends on probably the characters in the stories. But just something about my job as a
- Listen To The Awesome "Task Force X" From The SUICIDE SQUAD Soundtrack -
We already know that Suicide Squad has a pretty awesome selection of songs which will be featured in the David Ayer helmed release, but what about the soundtrack? Well, Entertainment Weekly has released the first track from that, and while we don't know how exactly it will fit into the movie itself, it's titled "Task Force X", so chances are that this is the team's theme which we'll hear throughout.
"With this, the moment I saw it, there was something about the way it looks that made me feel like there was a sleazy ’70s sort of thing, and that made me think of David Bowie records, and Station to Station," composer Steven Price tells the site. "I ended up doing a lot of stuff with feedback and guitar stuff that was bent out of shape. These things became part of the texture of the score, and when you start combining that with the orchestra, it started to feel like something a
- Female-Led Sequel To Joe Johnson's THE ROCKETEER In The Works At Disney -
According to THR, a sequel to Joe Johnson's cult classic, The Rocketeer, is in early development as Disney. Though they refer to the project as a "reboot-sequel", the story is set in the original continuity and takes place 6 years after. This time, however, it won't be Cliff Secord blasting through the skies, as the movie is to "be headlined by a black female character."
Max Winkler and Matt Spicer will pen the script, with Brigham Taylor, Blake Griffin and Ryan Kalil on board as producers. The follow-up with actually be titled The Rocketeers, and you can check out a synopsis below.
Set six years after the original Rocketeer and after Secord has vanished while fighting the Nazis, an unlikely new hero emerges: a young African–American female pilot, who takes up the mantle of Rocketeer in an attempt to stop an ambitious and corrupt rocket scientist from stealing jetpack technology in what could prove to be a turning point in the Cold
- Trying To Get Back In Tulip's Good Graces Is Murder In This New Clip From The PREACHER Season Finale - All Hell's a-coming to Annville this Sunday when the first season of AMC's Preacher comes to a close.
EW has released a new clip from the episode, which sees Jesse ask for Tulip's forgiveness for the way he's been treating her. Unfortunately for Custer, Miss O'Hare is going to need more than just an "I'm sorry" for the slate to be wiped clean.
Do you think Jesse will do the deed? Tune in to the season finale of Preacher, "Call and Response", this Sunday to find out.
- New Look At Khary Payton As King Ezekiel In THE WALKING DEAD Season 7 -
Rumours of King Ezekiel appearing in season seven of The Walking Dead persisted for months, but it wasn't until the release of that Comic-Con trailer for the show that we finally got to see him in all his glory. Of course, by far the biggest surprise was the fact that he was joined by his pet tiger, Shiva.
Entertainment Weekly has now confirmed that Shiva will be a mixture of animatronics and CGI and asked Khary Payton what it's been like to work alongside that (the full interview can be found by clicking below). Interestingly, the actor's experience as a voice talent seems to have helped a lot.
"It’s just another beautiful way that I get to use my imagination. As far as I’m concerned, Shiva’s as real as the people standing next to me — as Morgan or Carol or any of the other people who move among the Kingdom itself. So I really don’t think of it as CG or mechanic. All
- Matt Damon VS. Monsters In The First Trailer For HERO Director Zhang Yimou’s THE GREAT WALL -
The first visially stunning trailer and a batch of stills for Zhang Yimou’s (Hero, House of the Flying Daggers) first English-language blockbuster, The Great Wall, has hit the net.
The story tells the fictional account of the building of one of the wonders of the world. A group of British (nice accent, Matt) soldiers happen upon the Great Wall and soon discover that the Chinese are trying to keep something a lot more terrifying than the Mongols out.
The Great Wall stars Matt Damon, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe, Andy Lau, Jing Tian, Zhang Hanyu, Eddie Peng, Lu Han, Lin Gengxin, Zheng Kai, Chen Xuedong, Huang Xuan and Wang Junkai, and is set to hit theaters on February 17, 2017.
- Kevin Feige Reveals Whether Baby Groot Remembers His Past In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 -
It's fair to say that most of us assumed that Baby Groot was a one time deal and that the beloved character would be back to his normal self by the time the sequel rolled around. Well, we now know that won't be the case and that the smaller version of the sentient tree will take centre stage in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. However, is he an entirely new character with new memories?
After all, seeing as Groot was destroyed, it would make sense that the version grown from his remains might be a completely new being, right? Thankfully, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirmed in an interview with Collider that Groot is still Groot. "He remembers. He’s not mentally a baby, he is still Groot… I sort of equate it to Spock circa the end of Search for Spock and The Voyage Home."
As for the relationship between Rocket and Groot, he added: "When it comes to a Guardians of
- Jai Courtney's Captain Boomerang Plots His Escape In New Clip From SUICIDE SQUAD -
The trailers for Suicide Squad have made it clear that Slipknot will meet his maker after attempting to escape from Task Force X, and based on this new clip from the movie, it appears as if Jai Courtney's Captain Boomerang will be the one who talks him into it! Is the villain genuinely plotting to escape or just curious to see if those explosives the team has been implanted with really go boom? We'll see!
Also below is Courtney's interview with Stephen Colbert in which he talks more about playing Boomerang, interacting with fans at Comic-Con, and the best way to throw the villain's signature weapon. Oh, and as a bonus, a new image of the actor showing off his buff physique for the movie has also been revealed. He may very well be one of the most formidable members of Task Force X...
It feels good to be bad…Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with
- Amazing GAME OF THRONES VFX Breakdown Walks You Through That Explosive Season 6 Finale - Desperate times call for despearate measures and when Cersei's hopes for a trial by combat were dashed, she suddenly found herself as the most desperate of them all, which led to her making a devastating decision. That decision of course was her giving the go-ahead to unleash a cache of wildfire on the Great Sept of Baelor, which while not entirely a surprise, was certainly the most jaw-dropping sequence of the entire season six finale as we saw nearly every major player from King's Landing, including Margaery Tyrell, go up in flames.
Rising Sun Pictures has released a cool new VFX breakdown that takes you behind-the-scenes of that entire sequence and how it all came to be. Check it out below:
Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne continues.
It stretches from the south, where heat breeds plots, lusts and intrigues, to the vast and savage eastern lands, where a young queen raises an army. All
- SUPERGIRL Will Be The Focus Of The Four-Show CW Superhero Crossover - When Supergirl was announced to be moving to the CW for its second season, it was followed up by the news that all four shows would be a part of a mega-crossover event during the upcoming fall season. While details are still scarce on how Kara will arrive on the new earth from her current one, executive producer Marc Guggenheim (speaking at Comic-Con) revealed that her presence, along with a new threat, is what will instigate the events of the episodes. "It’s an external threat from outside the shows that will involve Supergirl coming over to The Flash, then Arrow then Legends of Tomorrow."
Guggenheim also teased plenty of action for the newly introduced Justice Society Of America in season 2 of Legends, including a fight between the two teams in the first episode of the season. "It’s all going to kick off with an epic battle between the Justice Society and the Legends," Guggenheim said. "It’s required that every time there’s more than one superhero
- Margot Robbie On Whether There's A Solo HARLEY QUINN Movie In Development -
Back in May THR, reported that WB was developing a Harley Quinn-led Birds of Prey film for Margot Robbie, but what of an actual solo film for Mr. J's right-hand woman? When asked at an advanced screening on July 26th in Canada, Robbie admitted that WB hasn't decided to give Harley a solo film just yet. "We're not sure, " was Robbie's reply during a post-screening press line. Her follow-up question was what she'd like to explore should WB greenlight the project. "Just more of Harley. I'm just so not done playing that character and there's so much more to do with her - and as anyone who's read the comics knows, there's a million different storylines to explore. There's just so much you can do in the DC Universe so I think it would be cool. "
In THR's report in May, it's stated that Robbie is actually driving development on the Birds of Prey spin-off. On paper, giving one of the
- Grant Gustin Wants AVENGERS Director Joss Whedon To Helm An Episode Of THE FLASH - Season 2 of The Flash saw Kevin Smith jump on board to direct 'The Runaway Dinosaur', an episode focusing on Barry Allen's relationship with the Speed Force. The episode became the highest rated episode of the season, due in no small part to Smith's affinity for the source material. As it turns out, series star Grant Gustin wants to see more instances like this.
While speaking at San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend, Gustin was quizzed on who else he would like to see direct an episode of the series, and he seemed to have a very worthy candidate in mind. "Yeah actually," said Gustin. "I met Joss Whedon last night. Yeah, that'd be really cool. He was a really nice guy and he loves the show. He's seen every episode of the show."
Whedon, of course, is famous for directing the first two installments of the Avengers film franchise, along with creating and directing acclaimed television shows such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer,
- Alden Ehrenreich's HAN SOLO Will Not Appear In ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY -
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has been surrounded in rumours and speculation ever since word hit about the film's extensive reshoots. One of the biggest rumours surrounding the nature of these reshoots was that at least part of the time was used to shoot a cameo for the new Han Solo, portrayed by Alden Ehrenreich.
While attending Star Wars Celebration in London, Rogue One director Gareth Edwards and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were questioned on Ehrenreich's possible presence in the film, and Edwards was pretty definitive with his answer. “I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do this, but I think I should…. Han Solo’s not in the movie.” It seems we can scratch off the possibility of meeting the new Han Solo this December, though the spin-off film featuring the character is set for release in 2018.
Another rumour surrounding Rogue One was that it ends precisely ten minutes before A New Hope begins. Kennedy didn't outright deny this rumour, but did have
- Netflix Hopes To Make Marvel Shows Faster, But Don't Expect DAREDEVIL And JESSICA JONES Until 2018 -
Netflix brought the first two episodes of Luke Cage to the Television Critics Association today, but when IGN caught up with chief content officer Ted Sarandos, they quizzed him on where things currently stand with the online streaming service's plans for their various upcoming Marvel properties.
"I doubt that we could produce at the quality that they produce at that speed," he said when asked if we're eventually going to see as many as five Marvel shows on Netflix every year. "But we’re gonna try to make them quicker so we can get less downtime between them." That's fair enough, but when will this increase in Marvel content begin? It won't be 2017, as Sarandos added that the company has, "Luke Cage upcoming and then Iron Fist and then Defenders, and then we'll start slotting the second and third seasons of the shows that are upcoming," but they, "haven’t gone beyond that yet."
For now, he said that, "the whole cast is called on for The Defenders,
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequels Will Take A Note From HARRY POTTER & Likely Stay In High School - The universally acclaimed Harry Potter series is well-known for breaking each book/film into a single year in the life of The Boy Who Lived and it sounds like the Marvel Cinematic Universe may be drawing inspiration from J.K. Rowling's epic masterpiece as they move forward with their newly acquired prize possession - Spider-Man.
The latest incarnation of the beloved wall-crawler, now played by Tom Holland (Captain America: Civil War), is all-set for a brand new solo feature next summer and one of the first things revealed to us about the upcoming Jon Watts-directed Spider-Man: Homecoming was that it would send Peter Parker back to high school and even though, we've already seen Peter in a high school setting... twice, this time around, they promised to actually explore the youthful environment and further delve into his struggles growing up and trying to balance being a normal teenager with being the spectacular Spider-Man.
In a new interview with Collider, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige shared
- THE FLASH Season 3 Set Pics Give Us A New Look At Kid Flash And The Mysterious Dark Speedster -
Thanks to Canadagraphs, we have some revealing new images from the set of The Flash season 3. We've already had an official look at Keiynan Lonsdale suited up as Kid Flash (you can also see him in action briefly in the season 3 trailer), but you can get another detailed gawp at that very cool costume here, as well as more pics of that enigmatic black-clad speedster (Todd Lasance), who is apparently being referred to on set as both "Rival Flash" and "Enemy Flash".
Click HERE for more images and a breakdown of what was being shot, but beware of some potential plot SPOILERS.
About Comic Books
- Top Comic Book Sidekicks -
Each comic book has its superstar, the main character, the top dog that stands tall over the rest of the characters as its primary focus. These characters like Captain America, Batman, and Green Arrow are the main thing that drives the storylines along. These heroes are the ones in the spotlight and take on the heavy lifting, but they are often not alone. The sidekick was created to accompany these heroes and provide an added layer of complexity to their already full lives. Check out more in this list of Top Comic Book Sidekicks.
Image Copyright Marvel
Top Comic Book Sidekicks originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, May 31st, 2013 at 18:23:30.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Action Lab Comics and Reviews -
It is always interesting to see the kinds of comic books that come out from the smaller publishers. While I would say the top and more memorable characters are still in The Big Two, it is these small press companies that I think are coming out with the better stories as a whole. I am very enamored with the creator owned concept and love to see that singular voice coming through a project.
Action Lab Comics is that kind of small comic book publisher. They hit it big with their highly acclaimed series Princeless and have many other comic books in their stable. One such recent acquisition is Skyward, by Jeremy Dale. I got a chance to review the first in the series as they are relaunching the once self-published comic book. Take a look at my review and see what memories it drug up for this long time fantasy fan.
I also got a chance to review the Adventure Time Annual #1. It was a pretty cool read with some interesting takes on the Adventure Time universe.
Action Lab Comics and Reviews originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, May 31st, 2013 at 18:21:19.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Hound Comics -
Whenever I get the chance to attend a comic book convention, I'm always on the lookout for talent and things that are new to the comic book industry. New publishers, creators, companies, you name it, I love seeing new stuff. When I went to Wizard World: Portland, I ran into a group of guys from Hound Comics, a young comic book publisher that had a lot of different products and some interesting characters to boot. I spoke with CEO and ex professional wrestler Brimstone for a bit and took home some items from their booth.
Hound Comics is the sort of place a lot of independent publishers should take note of as they embody the spirit of the entrepreneur like none I've seen recently. Not only do they have a line of comics based off of his wrestling persona, but also a other creator owned comic books, a food line, apparel, and a slate of other products. I got the chance to interview Hound Comics and got some insight into the mind behind the publishing company and was excited to peek behind the veil and see how things tick at Hound Comics. Check out the interview with Brimstone, CEO of Hound Entertainment Group.
Image Copyright Hound Comics
Hound Comics originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 19:39:38.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- New Image Titles -
It would seem a lot of creators are turning to Image Comics to get their visions out into the hands of comic book fans. I have seen a bevy of high profile creator owned series coming out of Image and it is really great to see. Joe's Comics has restarted and their first comic book out is Ten Grand, written by Straczynski himself and illustrated by Ben Templesmith. The duo really hit the mark for me and I thoroughly enjoyed what looks to be the first in a good slate of comic books coming out of this new Image imprint. Another comic I got a chance to sink my teeth into was Chin Music by Steve Niles and Tony Harris. It was very interesting to see two comic books combining the whole occult/crime thing and the two took very divergent paths. I enjoyed them both and look forward to the comic books Image will be putting out.
Image Copyright Image Comics
New Image Titles originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 19:05:46.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Kickstart Your Comic Book Creation -
Did you know that the website Kickstarter.com is the second largest graphic novel publisher in the U.S. according to Publishers Weekly? It beats out DC in terms of revenue off of these graphic novels and is only just behind Marvel. The term "publisher" is a bit loose here in that the company isn't directly responsible for the final product, but the proof that so many comics are created now through Kickstarter is astounding and awesome!
I've been able to talk to a couple of creators about the Kickstarting process in The Only Living Boy and Rumpus on the Run and the whole concept is exhilarating to think about the avenues that are open for creators to make comic books nowadays. Apparently the process isn't that new as according to Kickstarter, even the likes of Beethoven used a form of crowdsourcing to fund his works. Check out if Kickstarter is right for you and how you can take advantage of this great new concept.
Kickstart Your Comic Book Creation originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, March 31st, 2013 at 20:03:32.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Jess Smart Smiley Kickstarter Interview - Rumpus On The Run -
Kickstarter is such an interesting new avenue for creators. With the right idea, pitch, and networking you can fund just about anything. Order Of The Stick funded a republishing drive and raised over 1.5 million dollars. Penny Arcade raised funds to remove advertising from their website and received over 500 thousand dollars. Now most campaigns are much smaller and won't bring in this kind of money, but for a small press comic book, not a lot can be needed. I got a chance to sit with a creator that has been on the Kickstarting ride with his latest endeavor Rumpus On The Run and right now his project is funded for the softcover version of the book, but Jess Smart Smiley also has dreams to bring his book to hardcover status. There is just a few days to go so be sure to head over this his Kickstarter Campaign first, then over the interview I did with Smiley about the process, his latest work, and kicsktarting comics.
Image Copyright Jess Smart Smiley
Jess Smart Smiley Kickstarter Interview - Rumpus On The Run originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, March 24th, 2013 at 23:40:16.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Wizard World Portland Comic Con In Review -
I was really glad I got the chance to go to the Wizard World Portland Comic Con. It was the first time the con was conducted in Stumptown, my hometown of Portland, Oregon. That's Or-e-gun all smoothed together in one go and not Or-ee-gone as out of towners like to say. Although there were some things I found concerning, overall it was a smashing success that this town truly embraced. Take a look at a review of Wizard World Portland to see what was great and what could use some work on for next year. If you are interested in going next year, and I would recommend it, Wizard is doing a special promotion that will work until Monday Feb 25th at Noon. Use the code Portland2013 to get a special discount on next year's entrance to Wizard World Portland Comic Con.
Image Copyright Aaron Albert
Wizard World Portland Comic Con In Review originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Sunday, February 24th, 2013 at 23:26:10.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- First Day Of Wizard World Portland Comic Con -
The Wizard World Portland Comic Con was in full effect today in Portland, Oregon and the convention floor was hopping with fans, creators, and celebrities. It is odd that this hasn't happened sooner as Portland is actually one of the largest comics town in the USA. Many creators such as Bendis and Busiek make their home in this area and there are many publishers like Dark Horse, Top Shelf, and Oni here as well. Don't forget that the statue company Bowen Designs resides were to!. This is a great place for comic books and has a great indy convention in the Stumptown Comics Fest, but Wizard World is going for a large scale feel and I think they have a good start. It was interesting that there was a lack of publishers showcasing here and it might be that the Emerald City Comic Con is next weekend in Seattle, WA. Either way I had a good time and met some new people. More to come.
Image Copyright Aaron Albert
First Day Of Wizard World Portland Comic Con originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 at 01:02:09.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Heading to Wizard World Portland -
Well it looks like I will be able to attend Wizard World Portland this year and will be heading down for a couple of days of fun at the Oregon Convention Center. I am curious to see what happens as there is something of a duel happening in Portland between Wizard World and Rose City Comic-Con. Wizard World has had something of a bad rap at times and Rose City is partnering with Emerald City Comic Con to partner in running their convention. I hope to see how they handle Portland and if the convention can be the kind of convention this city could use. I will report back with my findings and see just what it has in store.
Image Copyright Wizard World
Heading to Wizard World Portland originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 at 00:41:14.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
- Superheroes For Hospice Interview -
Comic book charities are a very cool thing in my mind as they merge something that we love with a good cause. There are many great comic book charities out there right now and one of them is Superheroes for Hospice. This event is a mini-convention where fans can come and get comic books on the cheap. All the profits go to the hospice and help those in need in the New Jersey area. This gives comic collectors another way to get rid of unwanted comic books as the donations they use to stock the event are tax deductible. I got a chance to interview the man behind the curtains, Spiro Ballas, who gave me the skinny on what the hospice does and how you can help others through comic books.
Superheroes For Hospice Interview originally appeared on About.com Comic Books on Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 00:05:11.
Permalink | Comment | Email this
Comic Book Conventions.com
Comic Book News from
- Amp - Take one arrogant 19 year old, give him as many superpowers as the military can afford and stand back. Responsibility? Out of the window. Heroics? No, sir. Amp just wants to be loved, well adored really, perhaps even worshipped if he can just get his own chat show!
However, the military has other ideas.
- Bonds of Blood (Volume 1) - The first seven issues of Bonds of Blood all together in one nifty trade paperback!
- Justice - After witnessing his wife's rapist avoid a prison sentence, Alan vows to bring the rapist to justice. In a world where superheroes dictate right and wrong, Alan dons a mask and cape to track the villain down.
However, he soon learns that there's a lot more to being a superhero than an extravagant costume and a butch name...
- Kincaid #1 - Kincaid #1 introduces us to the story of Elvis Kincaid, a heroin addicted punk rock musician, who finds himself thrown into a world of global conspiracy, political intrigue and super powered individuals. Far from normal super hero fare, Kincaid is a gritty title showing the darker side of life.
As much as it focuses on the underbelly of the world, Kincaid is also a tale of one man's self-becoming and personal empowerment, creating a rich and original comic book experience.
- Legend of The Winged Tiger - Full color version of Phil Yeh's bestselling Winged Tiger #1 comic.
This new version features Lieve Jerger's brilliant coloring and a brand new cover.
- Tugger / Burnt Out Comix Flipbook - Murphy Beach Studio presents a 2-fer flipbook with 2 stories, 2 covers & only 1 price!
Cousin Joey is back and featured in the silly, surreal, underground of Tugger Comix and Burnt Out Comix where the world is a pressure cooker but there are ways to getting out of it. Weird. Funny. Silly.
- Apocrypha #1, Anarchy's Birth - They wanted to break her, they wanted to to turn her into a tool of their religious tyranny, they failed.
Violence shall begat violence.
Mature readers (18+) only.
- Cigarette Stories#2: Addicted to the Drama - Our story continues: What happened to Germ. Why can't Jerry remember anything? Who are "the guests" and why do they need an armed reception? Jeri and her friends make an appearance, too.
- Cosmic Samaritan #1, The - In the first of a four part story arc, enter Joshua Price. A conflicted teenager who struggles between his faith and the worldly temptations he must face. Soon, Joshua is chosen to wield supernatural power. A power he cannot yet fully comprehend. Will Joshua use his new abilities for the good of mankind or continue to lead his own path towards darkness?
Get ready for amazing superhero action and adventure as the premiere issue of THE COSMIC SAMARITAN takes flight!
- Entombed Issue #0 - Kyle Burden, dedicated Egyptologist and brilliant inventor, is betrayed by a trusted mentor and sealed in an Egyptian sarcophagus for an entire year!
After returning to the outside world, Kyle is overwhelmed by waves of crippling agoraphobia. Climbing into his greatest invention, Professor Burden himself becomes his most diabolical and twisted creation.