This is a Juggernaut commission that I colored in Photoshop before doing the markers on the original. I’m trying to work a little smarter and turn more commissions into prints. Sometimes prints are what can keep you afloat at a show that doesn’t have many buyers of original art. I should have this one available
In an effort to work smarter, I’m taking a little extra time on commissions so I can color up the inks and use them as prints. Which means a better end product for customers all around. Though I may sleep a little less. But sleep is overrated. Here are the inks from a Juggernaut commission.
Comics Fact: You can depict Blob eating the intestines of a fallen Wasp. But you can’t draw Wolverine smoking a cigar.
I’m loading up my book with sketches like these to take with me to NYCC…which is in a month and a half. Yikes! I also just finished up a pretty big project for August so today I’m taking it easy. Or as easy as you can being the father of a 10 month old.
Here’s the last batch of cards for a bit. My favorite one of this batch is Reed Richards at the controls with Doom on the screen. (though I like how the Sentinel turned out too.)
I can finally show some of the cards I did for Rittenhouse’s Marvel 70th Anniversary set. I tried to push myself a little more this time.
This is one (well, two) of my artist proofs from the Spider-man Archives set. I finished this one up last night on my artcast. I still have to go in with Pro White and do the highlights and whatnot, but figured I’d go ahead and post it anyway. (click for a larger view)
A Ghost Rider commission. This PSC at 2.5 x 3.5 inches. The colors are mostly Prismacolor markers, though I think I used a few Copics. For the highlights I used Pro White. Our studio seems to really suck the moisture out of anything in the room. Today was one of those rare days where the
I did 100 cards for Upper Deck’s Iron Man 2 set. I’m assuming this set should be out in the next few months. I enjoyed drawing the older costume more than the newer ones. This wasn’t just because it was simpler (though that’s nice) but because I could pull background colors into the armor making