FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Issue 3 Reply with quote

To start with, GravyBoy always gets a great rating because I like being a fanatic.

My shortcoming: I didn't understand who/what was speaking in the beginning...in the little text boxes that have different symbols beside them. I'm assuming that each symbol is a different creature (like the Herald in Issue 0). This was more clear on my second read through. Admittedly, I was focusing on the art more than the text boxes. I wanted to see what kind of neat little random things Brian would throw in. And then I find the world's champion yelling for his mom. Nice touch. Smile

Seems like things get moving pretty quickly in this issue. He goes straight home to try out different costume ideas (what's with the underwater gear, does he plan on swimming through the gravy?). Then his friend comes right over to tell him he knows his secret and he's already entered him into some kind of superhero computer game that is about to be released. (Check out Jason...his superpower must be accelerated hair growth. When he first comes into Philbert's room it's pretty short. By the time they get back to the arcade section of Buckaroo Bob's it's quite a bit longer.) Then, they head straight out to start fighting crime.

Man, only a 13 year old would be able to keep up with this pace, all while not worrying about what they are going to use to fight the evil when they find it since they didn't bring any gravy with them.

I must be part 13 year old myself because I, too, think that the coolest part so far is them meeting The Buck. I'm kind of an animal freak, though. Very Happy (I love the idea of looking up to one of your heroes and saying "I control gravy." That is funny.)

Your thoughts?

(The black knight always triumphs!)

"if i was a monkey, i would say "eeek eeeek oooo ah ah."......and i'd probably say it a lot." --Goose

"Christmas is coming, the Goose is getting fat..."

Last edited by Roger on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:41 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
brian
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The captions at the beginning are indeed spoken by different characters (which would be better illustrated if this issue were in color...which it will be)
As for Jason's hair....I know. That was a mistake on my part. It's just one of those things...(I'll probably go back and fix it for the color release.)

They didn't bring gravy? Well, I guess we'll see what happens with that in the next issue Twisted Evil mwahahahahahaha

Brian's idea of a diet consists mostly of beef jerky and cabbage shavings. -Andy
Roger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying you can't work with Jason having that superpower?

Just think, if he had ultimate control over his hair, he could grow it long, wrap it around his legs, and make himself walk! Then he could lay on the couch and retract it, leaving himself immobile. Mom would never believe it was Jason who raided the cookie jar while she was in the bathroom!

Should I just drop this whole line of thinking?

"if i was a monkey, i would say "eeek eeeek oooo ah ah."......and i'd probably say it a lot." --Goose

"Christmas is coming, the Goose is getting fat..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> GravyBoy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: