FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Stupid 2006 Reply with quote

You know. I gotta' say... So far, I'm not a big fan of 2006.

I know. I know. It's still too early to call, but the year has not been good to me so far.

After the New Year's shindig at my house (which has been the highlight, so far), my wife developed a nasty stomach bug that had her up for the better part of the night. The next night, I caught it. That led to a miserable 24 hours of wakeful unhappiness. Thankfully, Brian and Sarah watched Alex for us as neither of us was in any shape to handle a stir-crazy 2-year old and the daycare was closed for the holiday.

I never really caught up on my missed sleep from that week and my family has been alternating with some form of cold or sore throat or something every day since then.

My wife just started a new job, too, so she's having to put in a ton of extra hours at work, leaving me alone with Alex after I get off work. I so do not want to be a single parent... ever.

That, plus workplace drama and a full schedule makes for a really sleepy-inducing January.

But... I saw some of the pages for issue 3 and they look awesome. Plus, Megacon's coming up, and I'm really stoked about the Library presentation this Thursday.

So, maybe this year will turn out to be a good egg after all... For now, though, 2006 is officially on probation.

M-

Last edited by Marty on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 sucks donkey donkey.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sorry to hear about your sucky start to the year. That was very nice of Brian and Sarah to watch Alex for you.

I also hope to never be a single parent.

To be honest, I'm a little distrustful of 2006 too.
Roger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 is luring me into contentment so it can club me in the head when I'm not expecting it.

"if i was a monkey, i would say "eeek eeeek oooo ah ah."......and i'd probably say it a lot." --Goose

"Christmas is coming, the Goose is getting fat..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mightysahoffma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya.

It is 2006 now.

Feels more like 2005 parts II.
The really bad sequal ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: