FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTH Con

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: WTH Con Reply with quote

Having toured much of the East coast hitting conventions from Chicago to Orlando, we recently found out that there were a bunch of conventions that apparently have been happening IN OUR OWN TOWN!

The first of these is the WTH Con put on by the Guilford College Yachting Club (you heard me right). Apparently, it's a 3-day con that has been happening every year for the last six years. Last year, Mike Nelson was there. (D'oh)

The con actually started yesterday (January 27) and Brian and I wormed our way in as last minute guests. We were there for a few hours and even ended up sitting on a webcomic panel with a lot of talented artists - including Jennie Breeden, creator of the Devil's Panties webcomic. Jennie's first convention was our first convention, so it's always fun catching up with her. In the course of the panel, it was decided that Jennie and DP would also be our archnemesis, so look for some mud-throwing and slams in the near future. Thumbs up!

Someone took a picture at the panel discussion.

Brian will be there again this afternoon with colorist Danny Paris starting at 2:00pm until... well... whenever. This is a college con, so (even though we didn't make it the whole way) the planned activities ended at about 1:00 this morning and there was talk of after-con entertainment.

We'll be back again on Sunday for the final day festivities.

This one's not so much aimed at the kids, but if you're of age and you're interested, come check it out. It's free.

Details, Schedule, and Directions

M-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: