FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Vetoed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: T-Vetoed Reply with quote

I recently got a call from our satellite provider offering us a free upgrade to a new dish and receiver as well as DVR. I was tempted to take them up on it, since it'd only be about $10 more a month, but then I figured all that would do is allow me the option of putting off my boredom with TV until a later time...is it worth $10 a month just to be bored at my own leisure?

TV pretty much sucks these days. There are a few shows that are exceptions to the rule, but overall...it's pretty craptastic. I mean, they don't even show Saturday morning cartoons anymore. Who would have thought that I would live to see that sacred time desecrated?

Well, there's not much I can do about except start making cartoons myself I guess...and my lunch hour isn't long enough for me to have enough time to get started on that project...yet.

Brian's idea of a diet consists mostly of beef jerky and cabbage shavings. -Andy
Goose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dvr is god-like.
Roger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall veto the TV, too.

"if i was a monkey, i would say "eeek eeeek oooo ah ah."......and i'd probably say it a lot." --Goose

"Christmas is coming, the Goose is getting fat..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
brian
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose wrote:
my dvr is god-like.

As is mine...but only in the sense that it's invisible to the human eye.

Brian's idea of a diet consists mostly of beef jerky and cabbage shavings. -Andy
Hisart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have cartoons on Sat. mornings? Shocked

Turn your TV off for a couple of years and the industry flushes itself! Rolling Eyes
My CafePress
ArtWrangler@FearandTremblingmag.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The GravyBoard Forum Index -> Tales Off the Drawing Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: